Offering both 6 week series and weekend class. Contact me for dates/times
During these classes you will learn about pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum and breastfeeding.
We will discuss what is normal, and what is not. I will help you understand the best evidence-based practices for pregnancy, labor, and birth, based on the 6 healthy birthing practices.
Lamaze 6 Healthy Birthing Practices:
– Let labor begin on its own
– the hormones of labor and how they help you and your baby
– Bring a loved one, friend and a doula for continuous support
– Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
– Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body’s urges to push
– Keep mother and baby together – It’s best for mother, baby and breastfeeding
Come learn all about:
– Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
– what labor feels like and how to help the contractions do their job
– how to listen to and work with your body
– ways to manage pain in labor – from comfort measures, relaxation and visualization to medical options and everything in-between
– interventions that might come up during labor and the pros and cons of each
Classes are fun and interactive. There will be balloons, dolls, bones, laughter, ice, music, and snacks! You and your partner will leave the classes with many tools in your toolkit to use during labor, birth, and postpartum. To help everyone feel comfortable talking and asking questions, classes are limited to 4 pregnant people and their partners. This is also a great way to make friends with other expecting families!