People who take Lamaze Healthy Birthing class are better prepared for birth and beyond! No matter what kind of birth you envision taking an in-depth class will help you. Knowing what your choices are and what to expect is invaluable and well worth the investment. The class will also help you prepare for postpartum and parenting. I limit class to 4 pregnant people and their support person so there is plenty of time for questions and you can get to know the others in your class.
Taking class with Virginia gives you the opportunity to take advantage of her 20+ years of childbirth professional experience and 40+ years of parenting!
US 6 week Series live via zoom next class Starts Sunday Nov 7-Dec 12, 1:00pm- 4:00m EST Contact Virginia to register
Abu Dhabi 6 week series live via zoom Contact Virginia
For class options and fees visit Fees for Services
Currently all classes will be virtual. I send participants a notebook with outline for note taking, supplies we use during class, a list of things needed from around the house and the book ‘Giving Birth With Confidence’. Then we all meet on zoom. Participants can see me as well as the other attendees!
Attendees tell me in this time of isolation this class was a bright light of interaction with other expecting families. An advantage of virtual class is you don’t have to live near me to participate. So classes are available to any expecting couples, no matter where you live!
During these classes you will learn about pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum and breastfeeding.
We will discuss what is normal, and what is not. I will help you understand the best evidence-based practices for pregnancy, labor, and birth, based on the 6 healthy birthing practices.
Lamaze 6 Healthy Birthing Practices:
– Let labor begin on its own
– the hormones of labor and how they help you and your baby
– Bring a loved one, friend and a doula for continuous support
– Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
– Avoid giving birthon your back and follow your body’s urges to push
– Keep mother and baby together – It’s best for mother, baby and breastfeeding
Come learn all about:
– how moving around and changing positions throughout labor can help labor progress
– what labor feels like and how to help the contractions do their job
– how to listen to and work with your body
– ways to manage labor – from comfort measures, breathing, movement, position changes, massage, relaxation and visualization, epidural, narcotics, nitrous, water and more.
-how your support person can help you
– interventions that might come up during labor and the pros and cons of each